Wednesday, July 14, 2010

16 Buck Drive

Ahhh the cabin. Our home away from home. Our own little piece of real estate. A place that we can do what we want and not have to repaint it back to white when we move out.

We've been going on a "go 2 weekends, skip 1" schedule thus far. I really love going up there, but sometimes I need a rest, because going up there really is alot of work.

But progress has been made.

Iffy put the drains in, we no longer have to keep an eye on the bucket under the sink, Hooray! Also over the past couple days he ripped up about a third of the deck and replaced the wood. It needed to be done regardless, but he started over in the area that the water heater is going to be sitting on.

While he put in drains, ripped up a third of the deck and replaced the boards, I accomplished ONE thing. I had the little helpers, or as Iffy called them "anti-help" Hence my rate of productivity was greatly decreased. Anyways, I hung the screen door. A door without a screen door is essentially useless. Especially in a place with great breezes, lots of mosquitos and no A/C.

I also beautified the outhouse and cleared the trail to the outhouse a bit. There is alot of stuff that I still want to do inside, but it's just not happening right now. Maybe in another year or so when the children can entertain themselves with each other a little better.

Buenas Noches

Composite picture of the under the house area. The water tank and the drains


The outhouse. No that is not a flourescent light. It is a transluscent ceiling panel. Notice the rug and the poster of "The School of Athens" hanging on the wall. You can sit in there and think great thoughts with some of the greatest scientific and philosophical minds in history!

Trail that I kinda cleared out up to the outhouse. The ground there is SOOOOO rocky. Just rock after rock after rock.


The screen door that I put up. I also had to rip out the old frame and put up a new one because the old one was not square.

New deck in the making

See that pine tree in the corner? Every single cone it ever produced was in the front yard. I hate walking on those things so I loaded up about 5 wheelbarrows worth of pinecones and relocated them.

And some of the cuties...



Caroline is quite the little stander and cruiser these days.


Doing the dishes. And by doing the dishes I mean taking a dry sponge and rubbing it around on the same dry plate over and over again and again.

1 comment:

  1. Whew. I'm tired just looking at the photos. Glad you guys got so much accomplished. And it looks like the girls had fun too!

    ReplyDelete