Ok, I'll just come right out and say it...Iffy is the only reason that we still have dogs.
They are an extra responsibility that I do not want right now. But Iffy would never in a million years part with them. All I do is yell at them. They do not enhance my life in any way and our relationship has come to the point that I view them only as a nuisance. They bark if they are outside, they annoy me if they are inside. They are too hyper to be around the kids all day. They drive me nuts. Yesterday I came home at 5:30 from the store with bags of groceries in my hands and was going to go about getting dinner ready, and what was waiting for me right in the middle of the carpet where my baby crawls around??? A pile of dog shit. So before I got dinner going I had the pleasure of busting out the carpet shampooer and doing THAT because I do not want my baby rolling around in dog shit remnants. Call me crazy.
The kids are number one, the dogs have fallen to number 83.
Isn't it interesting how quickly the fuzzy babies turn into animals once a real live human baby enters the family? I have two words for you: DOG CRATES.
ReplyDeleteIt saved my sanity and my carpet, it isn't mean if you don't leave them in there all day, AND the dogs actally grow to like them when you use positive reinforcement.
Maybe the dog lover should take the dogs every morning and run their little butts off until they don't have so much energy? They have got to get tired at some point right??