Sunday, June 13, 2010

playing catch up

Man, three posts in one day! I am on a roll.
The reasons for my long periods of silence as of late are two-fold. First of all, I always have my camera set to take high resolution pictures, and I never take them OFF the flash card, so when I go to look at them on the computer it always takes forever to load. Secondly my internet connection is pretty damn slow. If I had only known. I am pretty sure that dial up would be quicker or as fast as this. Bottom line: posting pictures is usually just that little bit more of a pain in the ass than I feel like dealing with. I have to be in the mood, and I find that I rarely am. But I am today for whatever reason, so here ya go.
Just some more pictures from the last month. Enjoy

At Pecos National Historical Park. This is the place that Iffy had applied to work a while back. It is about an hour and a half from here. He had to go work there a couple weekends ago to provide extra help for the crowds that they were expecting at their civil war reenactment extravaganza. It was very pretty there. I felt like I was in a Nature Conservancy calendar the whole time.
This was part of the civil war goings-on. I do not have any details on the battle itself. It was the Battle of Glorieta Pass. That is all I know. Who won? I do not know. Sorry.
Wild irises I presume, out on a trail west of here.
This is the sappiest pine tree that I have ever seen. it is in the playground at the end of the street directly above the teeter-totter. One seat is covered in pine pitch and Sara says "Eeeeewww" when she sees it.
The big big slide at the White Rock playground. Similar to the high dive at the swimming pool. It was at least ten feet off the ground, and Sara had a blast coming down after the initial descent with mom.

Cuteness in the car seat

Cuteness in the carrier
I asked Iffy if this vending machine was excavated from one of the cave dwellings. Looks old enough
This is one in a series of photos taken in a Sara prompted photo session. We were walking along the trail and she climbed up on a bench and sat nice and still and kept pointing at me. I finally figured out that she was pointing at my camera and she wanted me to take pictures of her. What a little ham!
Checkin out the boo-boo on the knee
Too bad Caroline looks so unhappy about something. Otherwise it would have been a nice picture
This is where we keep the baby when she gets out of line
(once again, if you are a child services agent with no sense of humor....I am kidding!)

Hiking with daddy. I love this picture!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics. It's so fun to catch up and see everyone. I can't believe how big BOTH girls are getting. I love the shot of Sara checking out her Boo Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bottom pic too. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep Iffy away from the chocolates he looks like he's putting on weight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara Khan- The back of Caroline's head looked like a kiwi.

    ReplyDelete